NEW YORK, NY – August 20, 2015 – Asset International, Inc. (AI) announced the appointment of
Joel Mandelbaum as CEO and President, and his purchase of a material investment interest in
Asset International, Inc.
"This is an exciting time for Asset International and its 11 business units to engage more thoroughly with our clients, with whom we already enjoy deep, broad and collaborative relationships. We are dedicated to helping our clients and, in turn, deepen and broaden their offerings to their clients," explained Mr. Mandelbaum.
Asset International provides data and research, and organizes events for the global asset management
community through 11 respected business units, including:
- The leading provider of business intelligence and investment flow data for the mutual fund industry worldwide;
- The foremost thought leader in retirement security, speaking on behalf of corporate and public plan sponsors as well as the retirement plan advisers and consultants that guide them;
- The premier source of investment news, data and events for the world's largest public and corporate pensions, nonprofits and sovereign wealth funds;
- The leading information resource for the international securities custodial industry;
- The leading content provider for electronic securities trading;
- A prominent independent provider of trade execution quality analysis;
- The premier provider of household wealth research and provider of market research and strategy
to top financial firms in Canada;
- The leading provider of mutual fund data and compliance services in Germany; and
- The leading independent supplier of managed funds, retirement and life insurance market information in Australia.
Asset International was acquired by Genstar Capital in June 2014 and has already made significant investments in its next phase of growth, acquiring FWW in Germany and LiquidMetrix in the UK to expand its European presence and hiring CFO Carolyn Ullerick out of Reed Elsevier's LexisNexis Group.
Mr. Mandelbaum continued, "Genstar Capital has generously provided an opportunity for me to assemble a world-class executive team of high performers from Asset International, colleagues with whom I have worked in the past and subject matter experts in various fields."
Tony Salewski, Managing Director of Genstar Capital, added, "We're very excited to be partnering with Joel in the next phase of the company's evolution and to continue building the platform through an acceleration of organic, acquisition and internal startup-based growth. Equally important, we embrace Joel's history of creating value for his clients, opportunity for his staff and responsiveness to his financial partners."
Mr. Mandelbaum, a graduate of MIT, has deep experience delivering information and workflow solutions to financial services clients, having previously served as CEO of Wall Street Systems; CEO of Financial Sciences Corporation; President at Thomson Market Information Services, for which he oversaw eight business units of Thomson Corporation, now known as Thomson Reuters; and Chief Operations Officer of Dalcomp, now a part of IPREO. Most recently, Joel was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Warburg Pincus, another private equity firm.